10.17.2011

My Big Huge Weekend Recap

I have found myself lately with a lot of three day weekends.  And it's been wonderful!!  This weekend was no exception.  I also have to admit that I find myself ignoring the computer as much as possible over these long weekends (looking forward to catching up with you and your blogs!).

So, what do I do with all this free time?  I have no clue.  It always seems to go by too quickly, but thank goodness for digital cameras to catch glimpses of the excitement. 

I feel like this is my book report on what I did this weekend...

I finished the last of the flowers on my crewel project and worked on the borders.  I can't wait to show you more of this tomorrow... because yes! I finished this and even made it in to a pillow!!!


I am finally working on rehabbing an old sewing table I was given.  I'll give you more of the back story another day, but here I cleaned it, primed it, and yes... I have even painted it a bright inspiring color!!  More to come in this saga!


 I changed out the old dingy and puppy chewed laces on my kicks.  Loving the bright party blue!!


I went to the Sheep and Wool Festival.  Bonus, was getting to share it with my mom and sister (in love).  It was awesome!!

I got to see a baby kangaroo


I loved this picture of a llama decked out with feathers.


I got up close and personal with sheep, goats, llamas, and even alpacas!!  You haven't lived until you have pet an alpaca!!!


I was inspired by a sea of deep amazing colors in every direction!  It was a place to really touch your way through... I've never felt so much soft yarn in one place.


I came home with a few goodies for myself.  A few green and brown wools to work into my fiber art piece. 


And I picked up some baby alpaca wool and am working it into a nice long and soft scarf for myself.  I am loosely following this project, but am thinking more scarf than shrug.

And there you have it.  Things I didn't grab shots of.... Cold Stone ice cream in cake batter flavor, an amazing steak cooked up by my very own Mr. Happy, puppy wrangling -- Sammy gets her stitches out this week, bathroom remodeling, and goodness knows I'm forgetting probably a ton of other things.

I guess this could also be called my Big Huge Teaser Post... since I have so much more to show you on most of these projects.  

Hope you are off to a great start this week!! 

5 comments:

Lori E said...

I loved my 3 and sometimes 4 day weekends but as of last Tuesday I am a 5 day a week girl. Rats.
You have some pretty interesting projects going on here.
The colours of the wool are like a glowing rainbow.
What? You didn't take a shot of the ice cream? That would have been the money shot for sure.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

W
O
W

!

: )

~Monika

1000 Goldens said...

You accomplished a lot! Can't wait to see the pillow :)

Betsy Brock said...

You painted the sewing table a bright inspiring color? You? No, I don't believe it. lol...

Seaweed and Raine said...

I can't wait to see all your "finishes"! And I am LOVING your scarf/shrug. Makes me want to make one myself! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails