10.05.2011

Smiles for Sewing

--IN PROGRESS--
Confetti: Dog Path in the Woods

I showed you the start of this piece here and have to admit that I put it down again for a week or so mostly due to focusing all my efforts on finishing my X Marks the Spot Quilt.

Well, I recently hit an ahh-ha moment and went back to work on this and I can't be happier with how it's progressing. 


I still want to bring out the ferns in the forest floor, add detail to the dogs, and possibly incorporate beading for tree leaves, but it's just all blooming right in front of me. 


I can definetly see starting another one of these... probably bigger and fall colors are going to be a must!
 

Crewel Spring Flowers

The yellow flowers are done and I am moving on to the bleeding heart.  I forgot to take a new picture, but it's coming along nicely and I so enjoy the quiet stitching!!

 
--ON PAUSE--
 

Big Blue

Still waiting for one last sashing row to be cut out and attached. 

This one is up next and I'd like to have it finished off in the next week or so. 
 
 
Star Struck
Star quilt-a-long by Melissa at Happy Quilting.  I am still standing at one block.


I am looking froward to getting back to this one, and almost picked it back up yesterday, but need to be disciplined and finish up some of the other things I have oh so close to done. 
 
You Can Sew-a-thon!!

You haven't heard of it??... check it out here or read about our first project (Strawberry Pincushion).
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This Week's Work in Progress (WiP) Stats:
Last WiP Wednesday Total: 7
New Projects: 0 (nadda, well sorta, but let's say nadda)
Finished Projects: 1 (X Marks the Spot is done!)
Total WiP's: 6 (same as last week)

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Your fiber art is looking fabulous! Good for you :) I think it looks really great.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You're fiber art is incredible!! Awesome!

Dee said...

Goodness that's a lot going on there! I like the Bottled Rainbow best though!

Craftberry Bush said...

oH mY Christie, that is sooo impressive ! wow ! xo

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

oH LOOK AT HIS LITTLE FEET! iT'S SO GORGEOUS cHRISTIE!

haha... oops on the caps lock. Can you tell I look at my fingers when I type, and not the screen? lol

Yay for YOU!
~Monika

zsazsazsu said...

I am impressed !

Teje Karjalainen said...

Your 'Dog path in the woods' is amazing! What great technic and the result is stunning! I like painting and feel often that patchwork is painting with the fabrics but this 'confetti' thing is really that!
xxx Teje

Teje Karjalainen said...

Your 'Dog path in the woods' is amazing! What great technic and the result is stunning! I like painting and feel often that patchwork is painting with the fabrics but this 'confetti' thing is really that!
xxx Teje

Lori E said...

Wowzer. What a great piece that is. You are amazing. It is absolutely beautiful.
I can't imagine what you would create with fall colours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails